Flood Sensor – FloodWatch
The flood series of radio transmitters and GPRS transmitters are have been specifically designed as a solution to flood or leak damage in buildings and for remote locations.
The radio transmitters are connected to a highly responsive flood detection cable. These cables can be run along key areas enabling rapid notification of water leakage before serious damage can be done. The flood cable consists of eight cores wrapped around a central strain relief plastic core to provide some rigidity. Of the eight cores, two are the conductors. These are uninsulated copper so, if the cable comes into contact with water, it will short and provide an alarm signal. The cable is sheathed in a black plastic overbraid to keep the cores in place and to prevent the conductors shorting on any metal surfaces the cable may run over.
The obvious inherent advantages of the FloodWatch range are that the units offer low installation costs and a minimal wiring solution. Each sensor is powered by its own internal battery, which can last up to 2 years and is easily replaced. See page 2 for more information. The GSM transmitters can be used with float switches to detect a risk of flood in remote locations with immediate SMS alerts. See page 4 for more information.
- Radio and GPRS transmitter formats available
- High performance technology with advanced flood detectors
- Low power radio for long distance transmission (Over 3km over open ground)
- Up to 3 years battery life (depending on format of data retrieval, see below)
- Superior performance hardware with high accuracy sensors
- Easily accessible battery and USB socket
- Supports (optional) hidden wall brackets
- Complies with RoHS, EU directives and WEEE
- Carries CE Mark
- Provides users with critical alarm notifications
- Assists users with damage prevention
- Can utilise a vast array of digital sensors such as float switches
- Provides users with the tools to warn of impending damage